Anyway, the character profiles have been really helpful! They really make me think about what motivates the characters and how a character would know this particular information and so on. For instance, I needed the lead character to know a vital piece of information to the story, but I couldn't think of a reason as to why the character would know it. One of the questions I had to answer was about the character's most traumatic event. Who could forget the details of one's most traumatic event? I was really able to better describe the type of person she was and have a viable reason as to how my character would know this random piece of information.
Sunday, April 21, 2013
Character Profiles
I finally came across an assignment that I could use to help me write my story. The Day 3 assignment is to write character profiles for some of the characters in the memories described on Day 2 and Day 1. Since I had no intention of writing a memoir or using the people from my own life, I decided to use the assignment to write character profiles about the characters in the book I'm trying to write. It took me a couple hours to finish the main character's and I'm in the middle of the "male lead"'s profile. I figure I'll finish it tonight when my aunt returns from her writing class and I'll go to Starbucks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment