Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Setback

The assignment for Day 1 was to go back through my memories and write them in as much detail as possible. I did this for a little while but not nearly as long as the time I allotted. I got bored! I already have an outline created for my story! It feels like I'm back-pedaling. Reading Day 2 didn't help either-- she said she hoped I came up with an idea from those memories. I had an idea before I even started the book and then I created the outline beforehand. I mean, I had no idea what to do-- do I just continue through the book as if I don't have an outline already or skip ahead? My aunt gave me the idea to check amazon.com and see what others had said. It turns out the book I chose isn't well liked. Many complained about the exercises being filler. So I started looking for a replacement and I'm completely lost. The best option I've found is Writing Fiction For Dummies. I've looked through and some of the other days like Day 3 or Day 10 I might be able to adjust so they can actually help me develop my idea.
I just wanted something to give me a day by day schedule to finishing a novel. I have the idea, I want to write it, I just get overwhelmed when I think of all of the things that need to get done.
I think the best plan now is to just use the book as much as I can and give it all I got, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment